Thursday, March 2, 2017

Laugher Shall Fuel Your Spirit's Engine

This journal page was created for the February Pick a Stick Challenge group on Facebook. This challenge group is like using craft supplies you have forgotten about. The prompts we had to use in the correct order are listed below. I didn't use the wild card when creating this page.
I think of this month's challenge as a collage project. I really felt out of my comfort zone when creating this page. Collage is defined as a piece of art made by sticking various different materials such as photographs and pieces of paper or fabric onto your journal page.  Generally I go through magazines and tear out images that catch my eye by their shape, color or the emotion the image conveyed.  I store my images in one box and words/phases in another one. This makes it easier when searching for the perfect pieces. 
The item I used in order of the challenge: die cut flowers, my ephemera piece was a fortune cookie message [Laugher shall fuel your spirit's engine], I used pattern paper and white sharpie for the polka dots, step 4 I created a stencil using a circle punch and then applied yellow acrylic paint, I colored the bird/flower image with copic markers and then fussy cut it out for step 6, I add an mountain image from a magazine, the ticket stud and heart was given to me from a happy mail exchange with Debra, for something old I randomly stamped an background stamp in Tuxedo Mento Black ink. Final step was to add black shading around the bird and the edges of the journal page.

Challenge I participated in:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...